8.3.06

International Women's Day

Is today. It's also Blogging Against Sexism Day, but I figure that we do that every day. It's late, I'm tired, Santino was robbed on Project Runway, and at Books a Million National Women's Month* coincides with Dummies month, when there are special discounts on books in the _____ for Dummies series.

I don't really need to say anything about that last part, do I? It speaks for itself? Because our loyal reader is one smart cookie, and can guess both my irritation and slight bemusement at that particular marketing decision?

I thought so.

Maybe I'll feel more like talking about this stuff tomorrow. Maybe I don't have it in me for another rant this week. Maybe the fact that I've been singing

They used to tie you up

It's a living

I didn't recognize you
Without the handcuffs

under my breath all week has finally driven me round the bend. Or the loss of the one stupid thing I never leave the house without is making it a little hard to care about mundane things like food and bills and the evils of my physical therapist.

For tonight, why don't you go over to Journey to Ithaca and read the Male Privilege Checklist that Jenny posted. Take a look at the comments section over at Ampersand's, too. It's, shall we say, enlightening.

*Yes, I know it's Women's History Month. I like my version better, because it doesn't assume that the important stuff to think about already happened.

2 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was very interesting and some of that was very heated...:)

 
At 3/10/2006 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The site looks so clean and upbeat in this new format...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home