9.5.05

(Non) Intelligent Design

Sometimes, I miss the USA. Esp, when I read about the new H2G2 movie (which didn't open here) or miss the uncertainty of waiting for a bus which might never arrive (here, bus stops all have electronic schedules with precise times about when the bus will arrive (and it does arrive on time). No uncertainty, really)

And, sometimes, I don't miss the USA. Especially after reading this over at Crooked Timber. Yes, I am being lazy by linking to other posts but I meet a lot of people who don't think evolution ever happened over in my "other" (non-TUWSNBN related) work, when volunteering at the Invertebrate House at the National Zoo (when I am not in OOD, that is).

Now, I will probably have even more people going "ohhh...look at the Octopus. I wonder what God was thinking when he made it?" (and, when asked how do we know what God was thinking, the response I got was "look at all these strange and beautiful animals"). So, we wonder what God was thinking when he made the Octopus and yet the Octopus also proves that we know God was thinking. Go figure.

And, since when did all this start getting called "Intelligent Design"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home