26.7.05

Send your "bad science" stories

Remember the time when the drunk guy wanted to tell you all about the report which discussed the capacity of mice to absorb whisky? Or, the other time when you were told that it is okay to rip off one of the arms of an octopus because it will grow a new one? Well, if you do, write to the Guardian which has a new section on "Bad Science"

The aim of "Bad Science" is, and I quote,

"So it occurs to me: if I have a grandiose delusion, it is that we're engaged in a useful project here, the study of the Public Misunderstanding of Science. And this is uncharted territory. So I'm asking for qualitative research; I'm asking for your help in a grand experiment, with the widest possible sampling frame, that is: you. Only you can help me to document the stupidity that's out there."

How can you resist such a call? Write to Bad Science at bad.science@guardian.co.uk

Btw, I did start a new part-time job last week. Yes, I AM working. This counts as work too :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home