17.10.05

Returning to our favourite hobby

No, it's not football this time. Not in any form though I realise that may well be "our" favourite hobby. Football, the proper one that's played with feet, is mine. The other, scary one is (one of) E's. So, can that be a joint hobby?

This one's a more common hobby which we both have entertained/bored/annoyed yous with through this space. I found and did another one and here you go. It's a bit scary when blog quizzes start predicting/explaining how my PhD life has been so far. E, check out the last line. I think that's why "our" cohort exasperated many in "our" time :-)


I am a d8

Take the quiz at dicepool.com



It tells me:

No use trying to fight it, you're an eight-sided die, a d8. A fine example of simple elegance, the d8 is one of the least appreciated types of dice, and is often neglected. You are known to be quiet and shy, outward traits that conceal viscous sarcasm and mean wit. You are very smart, yet wise enough to hide your intelligence the quicker they found out how smart you are, the sooner they'll put you to work, which is something you can do without. People call you dark and pessimistic, or moody and cynical. You find little point in arguing.

7 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 6:18 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Slow-moving sarcasm? I don't get it.

 
At 10/17/2005 8:14 PM, Blogger Priya said...

but read the description of the quiz :-)

oh...i see you did. I should read posts before commenting on comments

I want more of these things! more! more! (yes, I'm procrastinating)

 
At 10/17/2005 10:30 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Join the club. I'm the queen of procrastination.

But for the record, I'm not a football fan. I'm a hockey fan who happens to also cheer for the Buckeyes. I can really take or leave other football games (a sad state of affairs that means Shannon has to try to watch the rest of the games without nachos and manly shouting.)

 
At 10/18/2005 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon can borrow chris for those needs...leaving us free to do other things! LOL

 
At 10/18/2005 11:07 AM, Blogger Priya said...

I'm still trying to get over a team called the "Buckeyes"...what exactly ARE those? Eyes of bucks? Am off to Google that (yay. More procrastination)

 
At 10/18/2005 11:52 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Buckeyes: small, round, poisonous nuts that are all over the Midwest in the fall. Google "Brutus the Buckeye" and you'll get the mascot of OSU. I knew a guy who got a picture of Brutus tattooed to his leg.

Don't Chris and S get enough quality time with the golf and the group trips to the grocery store? I'm not sure that we should be encouraging them any more than necessary.

 
At 10/18/2005 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very true...maybe we should start leaving them behind for group trips of our own!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home