26.5.06

Friday's bloglink of goodness

Conference proposals are due today, I just picked up 300+ pages that need to be edited by Monday. I have a comp to negotiate and schedule, a lecture to digitally record, and chicken barbeque and potato salad to make for the Sci-Fi Geektastic Sunday.* My syllabi for summer still aren't done, and the house is a mess.

There will be no serious posting from me until sometime next week. S has even gone out golfing in an effort to avoid my impending stress-induced psychotic break.

So I offer you, Loyal Reader, a blog link. Because who doesn't wonder where the nerd girls are?

* Oh yes, it has a name now. A 2:15 showing of X-Men, the new Doctor Who (about evil televisions, which is strangely appropriate), unhealthy food, and the possibility of board games and ps2. Really, there's nothing else we could call it. The question is, do I send out actual e-vites and turn it into a party, or just wait to see who shows up?

4 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 10:45 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Hey! I was going to being a chicken--a live one but without legs and head (since those are creepy) or intestines. I hear you can get them in shops.

But, there's always dessert, I suppose. That is my specialty after all.

 
At 5/27/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I figured I could throw chicken and barbeque sauce into the crockpot Sunday morning, so that there wouldn't be any actual cooking when we got back from the movie. Aside from the hotdogs or whatever, I mean. Should I have made it clear that chicken barbeque = shredded chicken on sandwiches, not actual chickens, which would be barbequed chicken?

I might make baked beans, too. Haven't decided yet. But this week is all about the summer picnic food. It is Memorial Day weekend, after all.

 
At 5/27/2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Priya said...

I meant "whole" chicken earlier. Not live. Not into torturing chickens and carrying their bloodied bodies around to my friends'

Dessert and alcohol from me then

 
At 5/27/2006 12:45 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Figured that. Remind S to tell you about his grandma's approach to chicken sometime.

Sweetcorn instead of baked beans, probably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home