8.6.06

For a limited time only

Told you it was temporary. I'm leaving up the policy recs, while removing the theoretical justification. Just like I'm supposed to.

Get a haircut that takes advantage of my two-toned hair.
Shoe shopping for combat boots and something totally impractical
Find a decent club in this town. (Any suggestions?)
Participate in something that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out. Oh, and it's a doozy of an event. Completely inappropriate and unrelated to academia. But I'm not telling what it is, because that sucks some of the fun out of it.
Go on a serious diet so that I can fit into a red dress that’s hanging neglected in the back of my closet. [Does not being hungry count? I think it does.]
Start dancing around the house when the music is good, instead of surfing the internet.
Put some better music on my ipod. Much better. Loud and fast and just the sort of thing that makes you want to get up and move around, even if it is like walking through wet wool around this town.
And I guess I should also remember to do some work.

8 Comments:

At 6/08/2006 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are cross-posting...darn it...see my comments on the other blog!

 
At 6/08/2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Bionic-Woman said...

welcome back E! we should talk - thoughts popped into my head as i read your post but i have this strong aversion to typing especially since i'm having eye issues and am trying to reserve laptop time for The Chapter That Has A Life Of Its Own....yes it exists in its own inherent-ness and has nothing to do with me even if that sounds inconsistent! Hmm that's probably too much for this early in the day - can I really be sick of it already?

 
At 6/08/2006 10:44 PM, Blogger Priya said...

I wanted to laugh with E (who has a brilliant hair-do) for the "policy recommendations to self" ending to her post.

 
At 6/08/2006 11:30 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

All well and good, but my proudest moment is the change to the tag cloud.

Still think I'm going to take it down; thought about linking to the original but I really don't want to make it any easier than I have for people to find the fannish journal with the ranting and the fic and such.

 
At 6/09/2006 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol you are doing a fine job hiding that other journal...not! LOL I kidding...

so Priya is no longer the most talked about item here..darn it

 
At 6/09/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Not really trying to hide it. It's stuff I'm interested in, so if people don't like it, they can ignore it. But I don't want to turn it into something that's part of this blog--there are a bunch of things x-posted, but there are also different things. It's a fine line between wanting two sets of readers to be able to access the same opinions, and wanting it to be clear that the focus is different.

In short, it's all about context.

 
At 6/13/2006 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you crossed any other things off this list yet?

 
At 6/15/2006 11:32 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Crossed a couple more off. Figure I've got the rest of the summer for the rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home