23.6.06

Setting goals (and measuring them)

My tombstone (if I had one--not that we, Nepali folks, do since we get burnt to a crisp and then have ashes chucked away in the nearest river but if I did have a tombstone) would definitely not have the words "Brilliant organiser" on it. My idea of getting things done is to wander around and hope stuff happens which fixes things somehow. Usually, it does (but not before I annoy all and sundry--remember trip to Wisconsin, E?).

However, I am about to change, starting from today.

Inspired by this, I have made my 90-day Goals list. The site includes a helpful "Goals setting worksheet" to keep you going.

But what if my goals are far beyond what may be expected in 90 days? E.g. for the "travel" goals, I would ideally like to travel and meet up with friends and family overseas. The chances of this happening in 90 days: none. I have no spiritual goals at all and nor do I have family goals since I don't have family here (the ones I do have, I just go to for the home-cooked food. "Bludge more" is probably not the type of goal the Goal-setters were hoping for). And what's a "personal environment" goal when it's around anyway? I'd love my personal environment to be nice and green and have a beach nearby but I know it's not going to happen.

I hate making goals. They just make me realise how depressing this summer's going to be. Scoring goals, on the other hand, I could (and do) go for: Kewell for a few more against the blasted Italians, please, but before that, Portugal on Sunday. C'mon Ronaldo!!

4 Comments:

At 6/26/2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you really are hyped up about ronaldo aren't you?!

 
At 6/26/2006 5:56 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Totally--if only he weren't a hated Man Utd kid, I'd start a fan club. Instead, I'm starting one for Tim Cahill, even though he too plays for bloody Everton :)

 
At 6/27/2006 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL that's just too funny! Figo has been one of my favorites...twisting nipples and all.

however, i have to confess that the one I've always loved on the Port team is Pauleta......hmmm not to mention paulo ferreira! :D hmm too many to mention here...hee hee

 
At 6/27/2006 7:34 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Too bad decorative Deco won't be playing :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home