3.11.06

bring on the dancing horses

A couple of days ago I decided, when my network thingy at home decided it would go on strike, that I would let it. Instead of appeasement (reserved for wimps like interwar politicians and those-who-let-the-IRA-run riot), I would try ignoring it. So I did.

E, apart from writing her latest novel, has family visiting. Hence, PTSD postings are likely to be quite sparse in the days ahead. I do have a few things to report on, about my latest class, but those will have to wait until next time.

In the meantime, go watch Borat, come hang out at the DC Utd match (and, if you've an extra ticket, think of donating it to a good cause--me) and enjoy headlines like this:

"Arsenal offer Mao trial" (Full story here)

Arsenal's well-known for their manager's penchant not to see any wrongdoing (fouls and suchlike) on the part of his players, but isn't this taking things a bit too far?

4 Comments:

At 11/03/2006 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...borat! nah...that does not amuse me at all...i have seen previews and was unimpressed...

 
At 11/03/2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Priya said...

I, on the other hand, thought it seemed hilarious (though am a bit worried that it'll just be repeats of his skits, most of which I've already seen)

Ah well, I have a very iffy sense of humour :-)

 
At 11/04/2006 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

borat...ah borat. baron cohen's a genius. why aren't you ever online when i am?? except on the days when i have exams.

 
At 11/05/2006 1:17 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Didn't see Borat. People are going mental over it (long lines out the door and theatres all sold out) so am leaving it till when I get back from TheConference.

Did see another movie--read all about it above.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home