2.6.05

Airport security

My flight back to the US is now less than 3 weeks away. List of things not to say to airport security include:

1. I am sorry I have smelly socks after X hours on the plane (but what if I do have smelly socks, as I most likely will?)

2. I study terrorists (well, I do but at a distance. Scholarly endeavour, you might say, not a practical exercise).

3. I have nothing to declare except my genius (okay, might have worked for Oscar Wilde but unlikely to work for Priya)

4. I can speak English. Just not American. (I ran into an old Danish guy in my travels who told me about trying to enter the USA through New York and being asked, really loudly [why do people assume loudness automatically makes somebody understand? If you speak Sinhali really really loudly at me, I still would not understand it] whether he spoke English)

5. I was really happy the day they took my passport photo (the photographer made a ridiculous face which surprised me so much I laughed. Unfortunately, NOT a good photo for passports but I had no others)

6. I plan to bludge off friends for the next month or so (I have no money and no job to sustain me in your country)

2 Comments:

At 6/02/2005 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is also a bad idea to write your name on your luggage if you name is Ira.

 
At 6/06/2005 10:22 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Good to know. Although why you would write Ira on your luggage escapes me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home