21.5.05

Sithian politics

I am taking time off from travelling around Denmark and starting a revolution (a rather successful one involving Danish schoolkids...inadvertent on my part) to watch ROTS. Good fun, actually. Fantastic scenes and all. Surprised me since I am not a Star Wars obsessive. But, (without spoiling the film for yous) there is a bit which is probably Lucas hitting us on the head with his politics. Why do filmmakers feel the urge to do this?

Anakin: If you are not my friend, you are against it (or something of that sort)
Obi-Wan (yay for EM...best acting he has done so far in the series): Only the Sith deal in absolutes (though it is never made clear what the non-Sith deal with)

Actually (and I thought this when I watched the originals too) the dark side explains things and does stuff so much better. And doesn't have Yoda (who reminds me of Gollum but Gollum was never as annoying :-)).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home