25.9.05

Drinking Games

The West Wing premieres tonight. Do not expect me to be coherent tomorrow morning, because we are going to try a WW Drinking Game. With Tropico shots, because wine is for lightweights, but Everclear can kill you. Or blind you. Or run your car.

The other drinking games are too complicated. Any game that you can't remember the rules for after two commercial breaks is too much work on a Sunday night.

Our original idea was to drink every time they had a thing, but last time I drank that much I woke up two days later in a different place.

My contributions to this blog are rapidly lowering the level of discourse. If I weren't busy obsessing about television, I'd probably care.

ETA: According to Serena, It is the new Thing. They no longer say "what's next?" they say "what else?" And (some of) the snappy dialogue is back, but the humor and snarking is still MIA.

Also, WTF was up with the J/D scene? Three months I wait, and that's what I get? Bad hair, a Donna who acts like the past year hasn't happened, and a cut away from BW just when it's getting good? Bleh.

Rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled academic whining.

6 Comments:

At 9/26/2005 12:09 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Playing drinking games while watching political stuff is ir (if not IR). Playing drinking games while watching footy, on the other hand can't count as work in any way. I'm still working on that one (it's research for that paper on sports and nationalism I'm supposedly working on?)

 
At 9/26/2005 12:51 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

So I can count this as research, too? Cool.

Tropico bottles are disappointingly small. Either that, or my shot glass is alarmingly large. Possibly both.

 
At 9/26/2005 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the magic shot glass was just operating too well for you is all. :)

 
At 9/27/2005 8:36 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey, I love the magic shot glass. it was working just fine.

 
At 9/29/2005 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Deadly Game of Drinking...

"On the House: The Bizarre Killing of Michael Malloy" hits the shelves Oct. 4. It's the true story of a Depression-era speakeasy regular who thwarted numerous attempts on his life. All except the last one, that is. The author's web site is www.simon-read.com. Cheers.

 
At 9/29/2005 9:24 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Huh. Do you think the comment spam is trying to tell me something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home