15.12.05

I don't post when it snows

Well, not exactly. But it seems as good a reason as any. Sorry, loyal internet reader, my heart's just not in this blogging thing right now. And I have approximately twelve gazillion things to do before the holiday season hits full swing next week. So I'm going to take a short break, and come back even more witty and distracted. Or something. But before I go, I thought I'd give you two things: a list of the things you should be glad you don't have to do this week, and a link to another post about the holidays. Sort of. It may be about sporks.

The list:

Finish two surprise gifts for people who read this blog

Finish three scarves for people back home

Start and finish four more scarves for sending out as gifts, after going back to the yarn store for a variety of colors that I want to use but for some inexplicable reason don't already own

Make five other cool gifts for various people, which first requires a trip to the craft store and to the flea market

Buy a gift for the husband, since the original gift I planned is sold out

Buy a gift for my dad, which means a trip to the auto store, where the clerks will call me "little lady" and attempt to sell me a bunch of crap I don't want or need because my lack of a Y chromosome obviously makes me incapable of understanding anything mechanical

Address and send 43 holiday cards

Buy stamps (have you seen the post office the week before Christmas? I'm dreading this more than anything else, I think.)

Email 15 more cards

Receive all the other gifts I ordered this week and wrap them (I may leave this until after we go home for the holiday, as one of my favorite things is sitting with my mom and sister and showing them what all I got for people, and seeing what they're giving as gifts)

This would be even more work, but Sephora, Land's End, ThinkGeek and Amazon.com are my friends.

Finish the shopping--I'm thinking Levenger, the Smithsonian, and Solutions. But who knows, maybe everyone will get Barnes and Noble gift cards. Again.

Change my email address, as the .mac account has expired and I don't want to renew it because we never use anything but the email anyway and I get a free homepage through the university that I've never bothered to use

Draft memos and complete two bibliographies for work

Add footnotes for the first two chapters of the draft at work

Finish a draft of my prospectus and send it out

FInd out if I still work for one of my committee members, who sent me an assignment in July but never sent me the assignment after it, leading me to believe that either they didn't like my work or they've decided not to do the project I was hired to help with, but don't want to tell me.

The link:

Broken Black Button

3 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 1:31 PM, Blogger Priya said...

E, you have to keep posting. You'd better since I depend on you to provide amusement.
Btw, let me know if cats are going to need watering/feeding during the holidays or if they're travelling with you and S. I'm around for all of the time, showing what a really really humdrum life I lead.

 
At 12/16/2005 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol will you watch my cats too? though i thought E's husband would watch them but he may be mad at me... :(

 
At 12/20/2005 10:30 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

h--I don't knit, I crochet. And you wouldn't want to trade me right now.

p--yep, they'll need food and stuff. but we'll only be gone for a few days, so that should make it easy. we need to get together so that I can give you your festive gift, too.

s--I don't think he's mad. It isn't your fault that the county doesn't take snow removal seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home