5.12.05

Physicists summarise things better

Especially if the IR lot (well, this one anyway) is feeling lazy.

A brief overview of the United States policy of rendition. Recently acknowledged, hugely dodgy and yet still going on. Makes me wonder how all this talk of freedom and saving people's lives and all that can be legitimised if you go about holding (and allegedly torturing) people in secret prisons in remote locations and not admit to doing so. PR-wise, a hugely dreadful move.

The more I read all this, the more I think I should give up my PhD, become American and work for the PR department (is there one?) for the US Government. They need some help there.
(okay, E, I'm just joking. I think. Though if they pay well...)

4 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...that would be the Press secretary...I consider him a PR agent! LOL

 
At 12/06/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

GS and I have decided to go off and become ambassadors. That way, when we come back to academia, we'll be given TAs and lighter teaching loads. Also, we'll get to give big parties and stuff.

 
At 12/07/2005 10:52 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Yay for yous! At the rate I'm going with my PhD, I'll probably be applying for those TA jobs when you get back from your stints abroad. Just pick lovely Carribean/South Pacific countries where there'll be minimal work and loads of lying about...or, since you both are scarily efficient, pick somewhere in Europe so I can come visit.
I'm having visions of perfectly-matching pillow cases in the Ambassadorial residence :-)

 
At 12/08/2005 1:43 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

you mean the residences aren't equipped with perfectly matched pillowcases?

Never mind. I don't want to be an ambassador after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home