6.2.06

Oh how we love paper drafts

Right. And if you believe that, there's this bridge for sale...

But at least it's done, and sent off to the appropriate conference organizers. Who knew that writing about blogging would involve so much actual research?

In celebration, I put together the following list of "Random Quotes From Tonight's Superbowl Viewing Experience, Which are Almost Entirely Unrelated to the Previous Comments."

Bonus points to any reader who can identify the speaker for any of them. Some are easier than others.

1. What the hell? Don’t they know that Superbowl commercials are supposed to be cool? Unless this guy suddenly bursts into flame, this is a waste of my time.

2. How can LibraryThing be down? This can’t be happening. I need LibraryThing to be working. Otherwise, I have to do something useful.

3. Is that Harrison Ford reading Dr. Seuss? I can’t decide if I’m impressed, or creeped out. Or both. Yeah, probably both.

4. We have cake! Who wants cake?

5. So you’re saying that was a new bottle of rum when we started? Wow.

6. I’m not drunk, but I could be. I think I might be drunk. Yup, I’m drunk.

7. Why are you calling our phone when you’re sitting in our living room?

8. I’m not calling you a pussy. I’m calling all of us together pussies.

9. I don’t know, there was something wrong with her fish.
She has a fish?

10. Run! Run, you moron!

11. It’s not his head, it’s the ball. [This led to a heated argument about official review and whether the ball needs to cross the goal plane or just touch it. I'm not sure why it mattered, but clearly it did.]

12. Stop being so aggramentative!
Is that a word?
It made sense at the time!

13. Did they *have* clowns in 19th century France?

14. I’m just going to interject cheese.

15. It’s a tight end pass.
You’re a what?

16. I’m not missing the halftime show for this crap, am I?

17. What difference does it make who drank the most?
The whole point is that you should be drinking more. Because I said so.
You’re at home, you should be drunk by now.

18. They’re dead, they just don’t know it yet. The alcohol is working as a preservative.
So you’re saying the Rolling Stones are pickled?
Yep.

19. You’re right, I have no concept of being a stagehand. Dumbass.

20. Well, start wiggling your ass and maybe I’d pay more attention.
That seems unlikely.
I’m telling you, get one of those shiny belts and I’d be all over you.
Hey, I’ve got one of those!

21. Honey, you can’t control the people on the field.

22. He wants to be a Budweiser horse. It’s like Rudolph, but with ponies!
You mean Clydesdales?
No, ponies. I like ponies.

3 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my goodness you were still up at nearly 3am....good thing you no have to be at work at 6am...lol

I just love the random things we all say...LOL

my favorite is the rolling stones being pickled...though there are many other things that were just too funny last night.

so all typos and cohesiveness problems have been solved for this conference paper, or you give up?

 
At 2/07/2006 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that the Clydesdale pony pulling the cart commercial was cute...

K

 
At 2/07/2006 6:45 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

We thought it was cute, too. Better than most of them, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home