4.2.06

Ooh, look, a pony!

No, not really. But with Priya's computer out of commission, and me finishing a paper and trying to get caught up on my research, there's been a distinct lack of excitement around here lately.

You can hear the chirping of digital crickets, can't you?

In the meantime, here's something for you to play around with. It's from a MB post by fadedambition.

My current favorite?

Eigen, Manfred (1927 - )

A theory has only the alternative of being right or wrong.
A model has a third possibility: it may be right, but irrelevant.

Jagdish Mehra (ed.) The Physicist's Conception of Nature, 1973.

Yes, this is something I have nightmares about. A model that is well done, accurate, and completely irrelevant.

2 Comments:

At 2/04/2006 10:39 PM, Blogger Priya said...

I got this:

Pascal, Blaise (1623-1662)
Words differently arranged have a different meaning and meanings differently arranged have a different effect.

--Blaise Pascal

Btw, my computer's still not working. Since I have the use of this one for about five minutes, I (obviously) ignored checking email and looked up BBC news, footy scores and blog instead.

 
At 2/05/2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hee. Clearly the interweb is trying to tell us something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home