10.3.06

Hey, didn't they make a movie out of this already?

Since I'm swamped with having to review the proofs for my first ever book chapter (yes, this is shameless self promotion at its height), write two papers for BigNameConference, work at my new job and amend my dissertation proposal, you'd have thought I'd have had little time to do much else.

Well, yous are wrong. I managed to write the plot to a Sci-Fi novel today. With a little help from my (online) friends, of course.

Here it is:

"A crafty psychic is gambling in an unhealthy spaceport. His workplace is destroyed by a monstrous singularity. With the help of a crafty android, he must cross into another galaxy in order to avert disaster and save his children."

Seems a bit boring to me--Dr. Who writers can sleep easy but maybe yous can do better? Go make up your own story here.

4 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW...sounds like a dry plot, but you can do it...just don't repeat yourself...LOL crafty was used twice in those two or three little sentences...LOL

Sounds like you are as busy as the rest of us...book, what book?

 
At 3/10/2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Priya said...

A book on US homeland security (yes, yes, I am quite serious) and my chapter is on port security. Am feeling rather chuffed.

 
At 3/10/2006 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, collaborative book on homeland security? and how does the recent drop out of the dubai firm fit into your chapter? HMMMM

 
At 3/10/2006 11:13 PM, Blogger Priya said...

The brilliant part of all this is that I wrote my chapter on West coast ports, which makes me an "expert" without actually having to scramble to fix stuff now that things have/are changing on the East :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home