18.3.06

Meme meme meme meme meme

Via Kinesthesis Breakthrough.

Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
“Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before” by The Smiths [Any song by The Smiths is a good omen, as far as I’m concerned.]

Will I have a happy life?
“Desire” by U2 [This is going well. I love a meme I can dance to.]

What do my friends really think of me?
“Come Rain or Come Shine” by Billie Holiday

Do people secretly lust after me?
“Nothing’s Real” by Rose Chronicles [Is this a yes, or a no? I can’t tell.]

How can I make myself happy?
“I Should Be Allowed to Think” by They Might Be Giants [Moving right along. Nothing to see here, folks.]

What should I do with my life?
“Voodoo City” by Black 47 [Um. No thanks, even if it is a good song. Nothing like Irish reggae rock.]

Will I ever have children?
“Silently” by that dog [Another one that doesn’t seem to say either way. S. suggested that it meant we could have quiet children, but given my family I doubt it. Then again, we did see the band at my sister’s first concert, and she has the Genius Nephew. Who is not a quiet child. So maybe?]

What is some good advice for me?
“Forgiveness” by Patti Griffin [I can think of a few people who would agree with this.]

How will I be remembered?
“Busted” by Matchbox Twenty [That’s rather depressing. I haven't even done anything worth getting busted for in far too long.]

What is my signature dancing song?
“Stir it Up” by Bob Marley and the Whalers [Unfortunately, I don’t like Marley. S. laughed at me when it started playing.]

What do I think my current theme song is?
“Turn and Run” by Neil Finn [I’m not sure I’d have picked this song, but it is pretty accurate.]

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
“Don’t Wanna Be Here” by Cool for August [Again, sounds about right.]

What song will play at my funeral?
“Witches’ Rune” by Unto Ashes [One last chance to piss off my grandmother. Woohoo!]

What type of men/women do I like?
Men: “What If” by Coldplay [Accent? Check. Moody? Check. Sings? Check. Interesting hair? Check. Leather pants? Check.]
Women: “Here with Me” by Dido [Hmm. A little more co-dependent than I expected, but it does have the “I am what I am, I do what I want” lyric.]

What is my day going to be like?
“Where Is My Mind” by the Pixies, Live cut. [Not very encouraging. Maybe a good idea to clean the house instead of working.]

You may be wondering, Loyal Reader, how my itunes shuffle could possibly run through this many songs without playing MMB. Have no fear. The next song was “Lights Out” by Dicky and the gang. Suggestions for the question it could have answered are always welcome.

3 Comments:

At 3/18/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Heh. Funny. Am still trying to process you like Coldplay :)

Btw, someone's suing James Blunt (the singer I complained about at B and N). Best news I heard today.

 
At 3/20/2006 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe...good game!

 
At 3/23/2006 11:23 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

What? There's nothing wrong with Coldplay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home