21.4.06

I can telecommute, right?

So I'm sitting in Bryant Park, next to the library, using the lovely free wifi that somebody has so politely provided. It's spring, the birds are singing, the trees are leafing, the Genius Nephew is on the carousel, and I'm wondering if I can just live here instead of DC.

Can I? Please? Just for a bit? I'm no trouble at all, honestly. I just want to live somewhere that isn't crowded and hot and loud and...no, wait, that won't work. Let's just say it's fun to play tourist somewhere that I am, actually, visiting.

Did I mention the bookstores? There are bookstores. Lots of them. And we even did the traditional "stand in line, visit the Statue of Liberty, take photos of the contagious disease hospital, get a sunburn" stuff.

Tomorrow we're going to Coney Island and the Subway Museum. It's better than the train museum in Pennsylvania that was on the schedule, I guess.*

Less fun: I honestly forgot that the Cortlandt subway stop is no longer a viable option for Manhattan. I can't think of a word to describe how I felt when I realized why the train wasn't going to stop.

*Not so much the Coney Island in the rain. The transit museum was cool, as such things go (and the list of similar museums to which I can compare it is far too long), and we spent the rest of the day walking around Brooklyn. And eating in diners. And paying NINE DOLLARS to cross a bridge. As my sister said, for that much money, we'd better get to drive across something the size of Pennsylvania.

2 Comments:

At 4/24/2006 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

while you were touring museums, I was touring various pubs in New England. Ah Tequila Rain in Beantown was great and we had scads of fun in Beantown at Jake Ivory's! I highly recommend the entertainment...though the drinks were a bit expensive, but would you expect less from a bar in Boston?

 
At 4/25/2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yeah, we totally miss out on the drinking when the GN is along. Maybe next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home