13.4.06

Back to regularly scheduled programming

If you think of our last two posts as the Children in Need special and an advert (there has to be an advert always), then this is getting back to the regular series.

Perhaps in contention for a future Doctor villain, the ANDRO Robot "designed to climb stairs and sniff out potentially dangerous objects like bombs and wayward Romanian hooligans," is set to ensure security during the football World Cup in Germany this summer.

And, wait, it's not just one robot. It's "a fleet of robots that resemble the overhead projector used in our high school biology class [that] will be patrolling the mean streets around the stadium in Berlin."

Via WorldCupBlog

5 Comments:

At 4/14/2006 12:02 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a cross between a Dalek and a giraffe. Does it have a plunger?

 
At 4/14/2006 2:41 PM, Blogger Priya said...

It does, indeed. Any ideas for WWHS April? Yes, I know I never wrote the WWHS March version (I'm saving that one for later on in the summer?)

 
At 4/15/2006 12:26 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

How about, WWHS about these lines?

[edit]

Never mind. I was going to pull a quote from the show and post it, but I can't find any that make sense without the stage directions. Ah well.

 
At 4/15/2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Heh. Looks like I'm not the only one that needs sleep.

 
At 4/15/2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Oops. Should have been "who" needs sleep. Sheesh, I'm really othering myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home