6.4.06

First there was clothes, then coffee and now...tickets?

Since E's disappeared who knows where, I have to hold the castle (and ensure no English types get to enter PTSD though, as yous can see, traffic's been light lately. Does that say something about my stellar writing? Or, perhaps just about how PTSD gets updated thrice in a day and then stalls for the next few?)

Yes, this is a filler post. It's to tell yous that I finally cashed in a b'day pressie and ended up buying a ticket to this. Irish authors and terrorism--pretty much like doing "research", I reckon. Apart from the continuing association of terror with all things Irish, it seems like a fun show and should provide some good laughs (one can only hope).

I'll keep yous updated about how the show is but wanted to tell yous that, if you buy the ticket to this thing online, you have to go to Brown Paper Tickets, "the first and only fair-trade ticketing service". No location is specified (in the world? in the known universe? in America?) but it's a pretty impressive claim.

To make ticke buyers feel better about spending their hard-earned cash, they even donate part of the proceeds to a charity of the customer's choice (there're 3 different places to choose from). So, I'm giving away someone else's money while ensure I get to enjoy the benefits thereof. Seems like a perfect setup to me.

Here's hoping E's back soon from her self-imposed hiatus and that you won't have to read about me buying more tickets. Or going grocery shopping. Or counselling kids. Or frying lettuce. Or staying till 11 pm at Uni to talk to folks back home.

8 Comments:

At 4/07/2006 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow charity of your choice so long as it is the three they have listed you mean! LOL i don't think that's much of a choice.

frying lettuce? not that sounds blog worthy...you should post something about that.

E is very busy; only talked with her briefly this week. hopefully she will be less busy soon and be able to rejoin you here on the blog.

 
At 4/08/2006 1:19 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Yes, well, met yous all in RL (first time since BNC city) so was good fun, eh?

 
At 4/08/2006 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was fun absolutely! there just for you a link through my name for my blog

 
At 4/08/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Not a self-imposed hiatus. A job-imposed one.

Well, maybe a bit of it was self-imposed. Genetic, more like. But next week should be a bit better.

Maybe I'll even post about something that isn't television related.

Nah. Probably not.

 
At 4/08/2006 9:06 PM, Blogger Priya said...

I think we should just give in and turn this into a Doctor fansite with sneaky bits of IR added.
Okay, I was just joking--I think.

 
At 4/09/2006 11:40 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I've looked at my past few posts. I think it may be too late, and we've already turned this into a fansite. God help us.

 
At 4/11/2006 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL so much for intellectual stimulation...LOL

 
At 4/13/2006 12:31 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nah. Whole different kind of stimulation going on around here.

Okay, that didn't sound so bad in my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home