3.4.06

Sunday nights are going to be very interesting

for the next six weeks. I planned to post this whole reaction essay to last night's episode of West Wing, but there's this pesky job thing, and some details to wrap up from last summer, and then they showed the episode again on Bravo.

I don't care what S says, I couldn't just *not* watch it. Because, well, um. There was coffee. Coffee, and you know, the other stuff. The stuff that wasn't the coffee.

Yeah, I'm pretty well incoherent. Still. About this, at least. Even if it is only a television show. That I've been watching for six and a half years, give or take.

Let's just say that John Wells is very lucky that they didn't do the usual teaser-with-major-subtext-followed-by-totally-unrelated-Act I thing. I'm pretty sure the outraged cries of fans everywhere would have broken his windows. At the very least.

I'm thinking that instead of reacting, I'll go watch some nice, calming, Doctor Who instead. Something with exploding universes or killer diseases or, you know, the end of the world. And with no coffee.

3 Comments:

At 4/03/2006 10:47 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Heh. As a non-WW watcher, I have no comments and am yet procrastinating to write that I have no comment. As if you care especially since I have no comment so we can't argue! Darn :-)

So, can I come by to get the 4th eppy of the Doctor? I'll bring the last one along.

WWHS for April to follow soon but have a feminist post to put up before that. Just wait for it.

 
At 4/04/2006 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WW and coffee...who knew?! LOL I'm not a loyal watcher, but that show's dialogue was fab! and yes, i did use the word fab!

 
At 4/08/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love the dialogue when it's well done. I think that's probably what I miss the most about the first few seasons.

Oh, and the coffee. Nice shout to the pilot episode.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home