23.4.06

tv-turnoff week

Next week, we're all supposed to turn off the television and go do something else. I'm all for that, except that I've got a copy of Tooth and Claw just sitting here waiting for me to watch it, and today I have to get the house cleaned and the laundry done. Maybe it doesn't count as tv if I watch it on my computer? Or if I go to the park and watch it?

Clearly these people don't watch tv the same way that I do.
Turning off the television gives us a chance to think, read, create, and do. To connect with our families and engage in our communities. To turn off TV and turn on life.

2 Comments:

At 4/23/2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Yay! You're back!!! AND with T and C....double yay. Am seriously deprived of my Doctor fix :-)

Yes, these people sound a bit idiotic--granted, I too watch a lot of TV for "entertainment" but obsession is part of the territory.

Also, "turn on life"? What is that all about?

 
At 4/25/2006 12:01 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have no idea. But it doesn't sound like much fun.

Maybe I'll take some time this week and go get a new tattoo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home