29.8.06

children of the revolution(s)?

While raging away about training sessions (and listening to really really loud music) and reading E's comments about doing the same (the music part, not the raging part), I realised this:

PTSD's music tastes are rather firmly postcolonial: E's got a thing for Canadians (the Headstones, anyone?) while I seem to put on MSP, Silverchair, Franz Ferdinand and (online, of course) TripleJ.

I think we both have a fair fondness for Crowded House (and Split Enz) while I'll always remember evenings spent in smoky pubs watching Tim Freedman pound the keys and sing.

I found it quite amusing and, right now, anything amusing's worth blogging about.

5 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, I miss Crowded House. And Franz Ferdinand (btw, I think I've got their newest album, if you want it) is okay, but I'd rather listen to Billy Talent or Beautiful South or BNL or the Bosstones.

So it's Canadians and Brits and the occasional blue collar American band for me. As long as it's loud and the lyrics are snarky / obnoxious / funny / rude, I'm pretty happy.

Melody, too. that's a good thing. Hence the adoration for Headstones songs, which combine all my favorite musical kinks with a lead singer who spits and was in a movie with CKR.

Thank god none of the Grateful Dead looked good in a sleeveless flannel shirt, because I might have never made it through college. Luckily, it was too damn cold to follow Hugh Dillon around Ontario.

 
At 8/30/2006 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow interesting...i have not heard of many of these bands you speak of...must be missing something.

 
At 8/30/2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, you definitely are. All music is not Phantom and Tool, you know.

And you've heard the Headstones--with the cake, and the dancing? That was them playing on the laptop.

 
At 8/31/2006 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

o right...lol i listen to other things besides phantom and tool....staind, godsmack, stabbing westward, gin blossoms for a bit of pop, and I too listen to bosstones! how could i not

 
At 9/02/2006 8:21 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, well, listening to the Bosstones makes everything okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home