3.10.07

the master and the sandman (and me)

So, it's not just us normal people who get all silent and tongue-tied and speak in languages unknown to humans or beasts when we run across people we admire.

From Mr. Gaiman's blog (he's writing about attending the premiere of Stardust in London):

So I'm going to tell you my favourite part of the evening, which was talking to Kate Magowan about Una (which is the part she plays in the film), and her calling over her husband to meet me, a husband who turned out to be John Simm, who interrupted my stumbling burbles of "ulp Life on Mars erk The Master" with his own starry-eyed "glunk The Sandman!" and pointed out that that meant he'd been a fan of mine for much longer than I'd been a fan of his so hahah and there you go.

On an academic note, I'm off to BigNameConference in San Francisco next year, all going well. All the warnings about needing to organise a panel or have VeryImportantPerson in said panel were not spot on at all (to put it politely) since I sent in my (usual) last-minute proposal and it's in! I'm feeling rather well-pleased with myself, for once. This academic gig is sometimes easier than it's made out to be.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home