21.6.05

Toga parties in Edinburgh

Well, not really. But, I thought of putting up this picture of me and David Hume in a toga. He was in a toga, that is, not me. I was in proper gear while he was plonked down on top of a plinth in a flimsy toga. In Edinburgh, that is not recommended since the weather is not conducive to the wearing of togas (or balancing on plinths, I suppose). But, DH managed to do it. When I figure out how to get the camera to work (when I am back in the USA, that is) I will show you what I mean.

In the meantime, a rushed day or two of packing up, saying farewell and heading off to the capital of the free world. As usual, I have managed to complicate things by having to take a train for six hours (it stops at every little town along the way), then wait for six hours at the airport, then a two-hour flight to England and then a longer one back to the USA meaning the trip in total is going to take about 24 hours. Fun, eh? And, I hate flying.

I really wanted to spend more time in Scotland and have decided that, even if I have to starve my way through Uni for the next year and give up alcohol (which is probably more difficult than the first part), I am heading back to Scotland. Fantastic place, lovely people and tales of terror and treason all combined with breathtaking scenery (though no Nessie sightings) and an absolutely beautiful university (The one in Edinburgh). What more could a girl ask for?

On the subject of academia, I am supposed to write a part in a book (I think) by the end of this month. I have decided I will add that to the list of worries (homelessness, joblessness, etc) for later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home