16.8.05

A tale of two cats…and a flat…and a lock

I did disappear for a while but am now back. Sort of. Thought I'd follow Elizabeth's example and write up a list of my own. Here it is:

1. Cats somehow sense when their people are away and start to let loose. In all senses. I had cats jumping on my shoulder, playing with my hair and throwing up/down on carpets all of last week. I wonder if there really is a cat detector van from the Dept of Housinge to check whether Elizabeth has got a licence for her cats?

2. It is possible to get locked out of one’s own bathroom. Actually, it is quite easy to do so. And, to realise afterwards that one can’t open the door since one does not have the key (I still say the lock didn’t have a keyhole). And, it is Friday night and so the management office is not open till Monday. Thankfully, there’s always a bloke called Willie about (no, no jokes about that, please).

3. It is possible to get locked out on one’s own balcony too. It is also possible to nearly get heatstroke while in close proximity to air conditioning. But, then, you have to depend on one’s sibling to rescue you from the balcony. This is quite unlikely since said sibling is usually too busy reading copious amounts of Calvin and Hobbes to actually bother about where her sister is (after locking the balcony door in the first place just so “thieves can’t get in”). This means standing out on hot balcony for what seems like an entire day. Result: potential heatstroke and increased blood pressure.

4. Cats are fun. I do think though they were suffering from weltschmertz and needed to be confused. Elizabeth might want to look into that. I hear there is an expert service available. Or was.

5. It is possible to do no Uni work during two entire weeks. Guilt has set in now but, since I still don’t have a converter for the plug to my computer, I can’t do much. I wonder how long this excuse will last for?

6. And, finally, just a quick question: did Kemal Ataturk really have an entire menagerie called Abdul?

A proper post will follow some time soon. People seem to be getting serious about all sorts of things lately. I just have this to say: Cricket can be an excellent sport. Even the five-day version. Even with Englishmen involved (Note for non-cricket watchers: The English are notoriously dull at cricket. Just like in any other sport they “invented”. But, the current England-Australia series is proving to be a classic. And, as a football fan, I’m not even that keen on cricket)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home