1.8.05

Big Brother is Watching

My fellow blogger is about to leave for the land up north, where they eat Poutine (as I found out on Friday) and club baby seals (it is necessary for sustainable growth of the seal population, apparently. The clubbing is just so that the sealskin does not get damaged so it can be used to make the coats that keep some of us warm in winter) and also have state-sponsored health care (phew).

I just wanted to point out that if it were me driving up north, my car would have been issued with a “wireless tracking device”. I have to admit I’m keen on driving up north now that I’ve heard of this (though I don’t even have a licence as of yet) just to get one of these. In case I do so, yous can then watch me online (probably) and track me as I venture across the northern reaches of North America. Unfortunately, we can’t do that with Elizabeth (she's not a foreigner so won't have this benefit) so you won’t be getting updates of her progress up there.

2 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 1:04 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Of course, if we hadn't depleted the whale and other large predator populations that used to control the seals, the clubbing wouldn't be so necessary. So it's not quite the eco-friendly option it's sold as.

 
At 10/16/2015 4:58 AM, Anonymous Cadieux and Langevin said...

Agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home