5.8.05

Dan's really big deck!


No, we're not on vacation yet. S and I are in Ohio, spending some quality time with family and, um, friends. And Dan. This photo is of Dan and his new deck.

Dan's deck is so large that he can stand on it, and you can hardly see him. As a matter of fact, we were all sitting on his deck last night.

Yeah, the jokes were really flying. At the time, Dan and his deck seemed really funny.

So here's the update (for Priya, since she's so disappointed that we don't have to carry a tracker. We're going to carry the cell phone, though, so I guess all she has to do is hack the phone company and she can track us with that.)

1. Dan has a really big deck (still looking for a single lawyer, Priya? Wouldn't a nice photographer be a better choice?)

2. Genius nephew built a model of the Edmund Fitzgerald out of lego. Complete with propeller and the captain, going down with the ship.

3. My sister got a new camera. This is exciting because my mom bought it for her, and paid retail. It wasn't even on sale. And she didn't leave the price tag on it.

It's driving my sister crazy that she doesn't know how much it cost.

4. We really need a car with AC. Or a place to live that doesn't have a heat index of 115 degrees for three months each year.

5. Ohio police are much more efficient than police in Maryland. Yesterday we saw three cruisers pulling over one car; in Ohio we saw one cruiser handing out tickets to three cars. Conclusion? Your taxes buy you more police enforcement in Ohio. Lucky Ohioans.

Off to babysit the nephew--I think I'll get him hopped up on sugar before sending him north with S and my dad tonight. Maybe I'll give him some caffeine too--just because S commented that I was spelling it wrong.

2 Comments:

At 8/05/2005 9:48 AM, Blogger peter said...

Legos are the best!

 
At 8/06/2005 12:56 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I always preferred tinkertoys. But the lego freighter is pretty impressive. Scary, but impressive. In a "gee, I hope the six-year-old doesn't end up on a clock tower with a hunting rifle" kind of way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home