1.9.05

I've neve been to Maine

So I can't say much about Priya's recent trip there. Except that I suggested she go out and, um, meet some grad students who "go to school in Boston" and she didn't. I mean, honestly, what am I supposed to do? I get no help at all in trying to set her up with a nice photographer, and now this.

Okay, rant over. You can start paying attention again.

In case it isn't obvious, we're supposed to be networking at the big convention this weekend. The whole I and B thing, you know. But, slackers that we are, that idea has fallen by the wayside.

I think I'm still bitter that I'll be at a conference instead of the big game this November. No, I'm actually pretty sure that I'm bitter. Since it's my own fault for applying in the first place.

Right, so I owe a post about the NC weekend to someone. And I'm going to go work on that. For the record, though, I'm really sorry I drugged your girlfriend. And I've figured out a way to say "nice" without it sounding insincere. Well, not any more insincere than usual, at least.

Also, thanks to Socially (Re)Constructed, I've found another time-wasting blogquiz:




You're Catch-22!

by Joseph Heller

Incredibly witty and funny, you have a taste for irony in all that you
see. It seems that life has put you in perpetually untenable situations, and your sense
of humor is all that gets you through them. These experiences have also made you an
ardent pacifist, though you present your message with tongue sewn into cheek. You
could coin a phrase that replaces the word "paradox" for millions of
people.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



I really ought to write more about this, since Catch-22 was absolutely my favorite book for most of a decade. But first I'd better finish writing about Ed the Wonder Cat and the definition of a redneck yuppie.

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 10:04 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Well, I ended up as: You're Mother Night!
by Kurt Vonnegut

I've never read KV. American literature didn't figure much in my education so far. The description of "Nobody knows what to believe about you, and you know least of all. You spent most of your time convinced that the ends justify the means, but your means were, well, downright mean! And the end is nigh. Meanwhile all you want is to travel back in time, if not to change, then to just delight in the way it used to be. You are who you pretend to be. Oh yes, you're the great pretender."
is very obscure and rather worrying. I didn't think I was THAT mean. Probably should read this book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home