18.10.05

Nepali yak farmers do it too

Blog, that is. Or they may very soon. Right now, they are using the Web and emailing each other.

Thanks to Articulatory Loop for the news and links. Though, I've noticed news about Nepal/Tibet/Himalayas are usually titled "End/top/apex/(add your own word meaning "high up and remote") of the world". Why is that, I wonder?

The post links to a BBC article (yes, the BBC should start paying me as their personal PR person) about yak farmers in the mountains who are using wireless technology to keep in touch with their families and to get information about vets and such.

There's also a link, on Boing Boing, to an interview with the man who had the idea of making (okay, I'm using it now) the top of the world wireless.

Next step, the yak blog. I can't wait. I wonder if I can somehow do my research in that area so I could blog while lounging about in yak pastures?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home