10.11.05

Mine is so much cooler...

I was going to post this as a reply to Priya's original post, but this is way too nifty to hide in the comments.

Your answers suggest you are a Mastermind

Heh. I've always wanted to be able to say that.

The four aspects that make up this personality type are:

Planner, Ideas, Heads and Introvert

This sounds the same as the INTJ result I usually get. But with cooler graphics.

Summary of Masterminds

  • Visionaries who put energy into achieving their goals
  • Prefer to work independently and dislike inefficiency
Definitely. I especially hate it when people I'm working with are inefficient. I make an exception for Priya. Sometimes.
  • Think of themselves as logical, thorough, and bright
Not so much bright. Or thorough. But logical, sure.
  • Values practicality and common sense above ideas and theories
Not so much. I'm quite fond of ideas and theories--in their place. Wait, this just says pragmatism with more words, doesn't it? Never mind, it fits.

More about Masterminds

Masterminds create a vision for the future by gathering and organising information. They then develop strategies to achieve their goals. They have a rare gift for looking at almost anything and seeing how it can be improved. These skills and the Masterminds' high standards often allow them to reach leadership positions at work.

Ooh. When can I get one of these hypothetical leadership positions? The rest of this is a common refrain here at PTSD.


Mastermind is the least common personality type in the UK, according to a nationwide survey.

Masterminds value independence and prefer to work on their own. Once they have decided on a course of action, Masterminds rarely change their minds, although they can be persuaded by clear reasoning by someone they respect.

See? I do listen to reason. Just not from everyone.

In situations where they can't use their talents or are unappreciated, Masterminds may cut themselves off from a group and criticize people who don't understand their plans.

Umm. Moving right along, folks. Nothing to see here. Ooh, look, a monkey!

Under extreme stress, Masterminds may overindulge in sensory experiences like eating, shopping or watching television.

Yes, yes, and yes. Which helps to explain my trouble with finishing projects on time, I think. That and the whole easily distracted bit.

Masterminds often have an unusual sense of humour, which arises from their ability to spot surprising links between seemingly unconnected facts.

Yeah, you don't need me to explain this one, right?

Mastermind Careers

Masterminds are drawn to jobs requiring logical analysis or abstract thinking common in science or technical fields.

Should have stuck with physics, I guess. Too late now. Or is it?

6 Comments:

At 11/11/2005 12:05 PM, Blogger Priya said...

See? I still have a hard time understanding how it is we get along what with my bloody scatter-brained style of working (and deleting important emails) and you with your highly efficient way. I say it's the humour that saves us all. Which leads me back to my long-held and often expounded upon view that the world's workings are MP-ian or that we're all in a (particularly long) Flying Circus.

Btw, when you are a Mastermind in a leadership position, you'd better think of me. I can resolve stuff. Somehow feel like we'd be in a Guy Ritchie-before-he-married-Madonna and ended up being crap type of movie (Lock, Stock,... or even Snatch) with me as the one who drops the loot. Troubling.

 
At 11/11/2005 12:13 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, must be that wacky sense of humor that keeps it all chugging along.

And I'm going to need resolvers when I get into a position of power--because we all know I'm totally incapable of being either tactful or, what's the word, circumspect.

 
At 11/11/2005 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how funny are we, E? We are both Masterminds! LOL too hilarious...though i seem more scatterbrained than you.

i was very surprised. i don't think of myself in that way.

have you written any more nano?

 
At 11/12/2005 1:37 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm not nearly as surprised as a I ought to be, I guess.

Haven't done any more NaNo, because I spent *four hours* making a damn birthday cake. Next year, everybody gets pie with a candle in it.

And if S doesn't volunteer to wrap the gift, I'm going to beat him over the head with it.

Which will make it rather hard to return, if she doesn't like it.

 
At 11/13/2005 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno why you just didn't buy cake mix instead...though everyone seemed to like the cake so that's good.

i had chris make the brownies since i didn't do it on friday. lol i washed the dog in the tub instead. LOL that was way more fun.

I'm over 7000 i think...hopefully I will get more done today. i wish i was inspired...but alas i am not...i have poems forming in my head instead....perhaps i should just put them in the novel. :)

 
At 11/14/2005 3:46 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the productive day yesterday! And I say, throw the poems in. I'm all for inclusiveness.

Glad the cake was enjoyed. But I'm still never making another one. Cakelove was invented for a reason, I say.

But I could probably get a blog post out of my adventures in pastry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home