18.11.05

SmallRegionalMeeting, cont.

The rest of yesterday's schedule:

3:45pm: Attend panel on technology and teaching. Get good suggestions, and productive conversation. So far, this is the best one.
5:15pm: Head for bar.
5:30pm: Trip to grocery store for breakfast and snacks. [It would appear that I have some sort of homing beacon for Trader Joe's. Sure, they're all the same, but every city I visit with one requires that I test this hypothesis.]
6:00pm: Return to bar. Drink. Talk about projects that people have.
7:30ish: Drop off giant bag in room, pick up cute little bag that holds almost nothing useful. And scarf.
7:45ish: Return to bar. Drink. Talk about politics.
8:00ish: Go for walk in search of dinner. Decide that it is, in fact, quite cold. Wish for gloves, or at least pants instead of a skirt. Act like it isn't cold. The beer helps.
9:30ish: Return to bar. Drink. Talk about drinking. [I'm beginning to sense a pattern here.]
10:30ish: Additional group of people arrives from TUWSNBN. Continue to drink.
11:00pm: Talk to husband on phone. He has not been drinking. Possibly.
11:15ish: Return to bar. Don't drink.
11:20pm: Head for room to work.
11:21pm: Return to bar to pay tab.
11:22pm: Head back to room.
12:00am: Start working.
12:15am: Fall asleep.
12:25am: Decide to go to bed.
2:00am: Wake up when ipod falls onto floor.

4 Comments:

At 11/18/2005 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

o my, have you fit any nano into this procrastination of sorts you have going on?

sounds like a fun time...somewhat. and you are still blogging!

 
At 11/18/2005 6:51 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Yes, keep blogging about meeting!

 
At 11/19/2005 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The meeting rocks.
especially when we sit around at the meeting talking about blogging about the meeting.

 
At 11/19/2005 1:24 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nothing like a good meta discussion to really make you glad you bought all that beer.

With pocket change.

No NaNo, but I'll catch up while we play risk on Sunday (yes, I'm a geek. Got the t-shirt and everything.)

Why don't we have t-shirts? I'd totally wear one that said "I came, I saw, I theorized."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home