17.2.06

I'd better start working faster

Because my dissertation topic is on the front cover of Vogue.* That must be some sort of sign.

Is it sad that the first thing I thought when I saw the article was "hey, I wonder if I could get her to be on my committee?" Or that I did, in fact, buy a copy just for that article, only later realizing that there are other things in the magazine?

Or is the sad part my phone message to Priya about how suddenly my research interests are cool?

*How do I know this? Because I went to the grocery store to buy toothpaste and plums and came home with $152 in groceries, including a $5 magazine and a box of hair dye. There's a *reason* that S. is almost always the one who does the shopping. I am congenitally unable to purchase only the things on the list.**

At least this time I remembered to buy the toothpaste.

**And yes, there was a list. I know that you should always make a list in order to only buy things you need.

Anybody got any other bright ideas?

3 Comments:

At 2/18/2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Priya said...

I thought it was rather hilarious actually. You sounded totally chuffed on the phone and I was imagining random people on subways and all thinking "she's excited about bird flu?" and US government agents suddenly perking up and deciding to wiretap you and S's phone lines.

 
At 2/19/2006 2:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Random people in the grocery line, actually. The lady behind me changed checkout lanes, but I'm not sure that I was the reason she moved.

I'm relatively certain that if the government wants to tap my phone, they've already been doing it for a while. This wouldn't be the most interesting think I've said on the cell phone.

 
At 2/19/2006 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tapping your phone....eh? lol

terrie keeps saying cryptic things about such happenings on my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home