7.2.06

Off to the great white...Midwest?

Things may be a little quiet around here over the next few days--I'm off to Chicago tomorrow for a couple of days, and then both Priya and I are presenting a paper* at a conference in Wisconsin, after which I'll be back to Chicago until Monday, arriving back in DC just in time for the Big Exciting Speaker at TUWSNBN.

I'm going to be back in time for the speech, even if I have to walk. Through the snow. Uphill both ways. Carrying my laptop on my back, and dragging my overstuffed suitcase behind me.**

But until then, it's anyone's guess about how often you'll hear from me. Do they even have the internet in Wisconsin?

* That's right, just one paper for both of us. On our new favorite topic. With no A/V equipment. This should be interesting.

** You know that cartoon trick of sitting on the suitcase and then quickly zipping it shut before the clothes have time to re-expand? Turns out it actually works. If they try to search my bags at the airport, though, we may have a serious problem. I'm not sure I can get everything in there twice.

4 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at the airport...LOL I always hated packing mostly because C packs more than i do.

 
At 2/10/2006 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wisconsin is where Minnesotans buy beer on Sundays. So really, who cares if they have the Internet?

 
At 2/10/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger Priya said...

lol...the 'net's been a bit of an issue over here, for sure :-)

 
At 2/14/2006 3:16 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Damn state. Where the hell is highspeed wireless access when I need it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home