28.2.06

Things I miss about the Midwest

Last goofy, useless post for the day, I promise. I'd just like to point out that there is a decided lack of Mardi Gras footstuffs foodstuffs around this town. Where are the paczki?* Where are the fastnachts?**

How's a girl supposed to face Lent when all she has to eat are pancakes?***

* No, a jelly doughnut is not the same thing.

** Those things they sell at the grocery store? Not fastnachts. All the syrup drips through the hole in the middle. They should just call a doughnut a doughnut.

*** And where, I ask you, are the pancake races? The only one I could find was at the National Cathedral, and although Canons with frying pans are fun, there just aren't enough of them to make a good pancake race.

4 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pancake races? I'm not up on this Lent or mardi gras...lol all i know is you cant eat or do something during lent, for some unknown reason and mardi gras has lots of lewd behavior and beads...or at least that is what i gather from deon's trips to lulus. :)

 
At 3/01/2006 1:14 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Wait..E, "footstuffs" or foodstuffs?

The idea of having to give up comfy shoes for Lent is rather amusing. E, you've already done your part by giving up your high-heeled shoes. Maybe you can get them back during Lent?

 
At 3/01/2006 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont think you get things back until after lent...LOL

but i think E should bargain and say she has already given up her vice of high-heeled shoes.

 
At 3/06/2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

There's a whole free will thing involved--I don't think they count if I gave them up only when forced.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home