27.3.06

Things I should have thought about sooner than yesterday morning

Random notes on things I ought to have done last week:

1. Given the number of blogs I read, the likelihood that not checking the feed reader for a week was a bad idea was high. But 4,500 new posts seems a bit excessive.

2. Checking my email only once was also a bad idea. Luckily nothing was urgent, and the people who really needed to get in touch with me also had the cell phone number. For the rest of you, oops. My bad. Won't happen again.

3. In DC they don't wait until May to plant the garden. There's a reason for this, and I should have gone to the nursery *before* I left town. Or at least watered the plants I did have.

4. Library overdue notices and ILL deliveries fall into the category of "make sure these things are taken care of so that you don't owe money to TUWSNBN." Again, checking email is important. Perhaps even more important than blogging.

Nah.

5. Laundry. It would have been good to do laundry before the week began. Say, on Sunday. Since just buying new clothes isn't really an option, and neither is wearing sweatpants to the office.

Right, I'm off to catch up on the stacks of things I didn't get done. Except the laundry, which is going to have to wait until tonight.

3 Comments:

At 3/27/2006 6:26 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Heh. We should have done the same things, it seems (except I don't read that many blogs and don't garden). My room's a disaster and my housemate's come in and left stuff (her stuff) in it. Grrrrr.

 
At 3/28/2006 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL we all had issues with this long trip to CA! LOL I had lots of laundry to do and I will be getting to it today hopefully and the house is a disaster...though on a brighter note, we went to target and bought new bathroom stuffs so we can redecorate...hmm was that a wise expenditure...sure why not?!

 
At 3/31/2006 7:20 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh god. S just finished the laundry last night, and it still isn't all folded. What a way for him to spend his day off, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home