21.5.06

Life goes on

In-between frantically finishing off 50-page paper. It's due tomorrow. I wonder if that means midnight? I'll liberally interpret it that way.

Watching the new Doctor episode--the second part of the Cybermen. Could RFD look any more fanciable in those glasses? Yes, well, add a tux. Let him do his "Oh, I'm so clever" dialogues. I don't even care about the many plots holes and inconsistencies anymore. Well, I do but I usually leave that for the second viewing.

Having a Jane Eyre moment. I was walking to the train station this morning when, from the top story of one of the apartment buildings near where I live, there was a scream. A woman ran out on to the balcony and started shouting (in some foreign language) and waving her arms. Instead of just thinking she was an absolute nutter (but then, who isn't?), all I could think of was the mad wife locked up in the garrett. I'm sure Mr Rochester was up to mischief somewhere nearby.

Eating home-cooked food. Half of PTSD (this half, in case it's not obvious by now) lacks culinary abilities. The other half happens to be a dab hand at cooking and made a gnocchi-in-a-marvellously-yummy-sauce dish. As an accompaniment to the cybermen, it was perfect.

Wanting to get a tattoo. After seeing E's, I was almost convinced I should get one too. Almost. Then, I remembered the only body modification I have occurred when I was too young (three days-old) to remember it and led to Dad feeling woozy and nearly dropping me. Not a good record for any future piercings or tattoos. I've offered LilSis2, who will be visiting on Memorial Day, as a sacrificial victim instead.

Choosing an avatar. I've decided to name myself Stryder*. This will be a joke that will only be funny to PTSD and that too only after copious amounts of alcohol, probably.


* Yes, Stryder with a "Y".

7 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

avatar for you? stryder...where is this said avatar?

Yes E's culinary prowess should be heralded...I suck at it myself...LOL Give me a wok and i can make a mean stirfry...that about it...and its not that hard...even P could do it.

 
At 5/24/2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Priya said...

As usual, you are giving me far too much credit (ask E and S what my attempt at a Jamie Olivier-poached egg-in-oven led to)

 
At 5/24/2006 5:14 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Heh. That was a funny story, that was. I really need to get around to posting the photo from dinner last week. I'm awfully proud of the carmelized onion sauce for the gnocchi.

 
At 5/24/2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Priya said...

I'm drooling just thinking of it :)
Also, defence notes? I can do those, if you like though will need your help with the pics (WE could just take photos of the drawings and put them up since neither of us has a scanner)

 
At 5/25/2006 12:08 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Done them, except the scanning. For which I do, in fact, have a scanner. It's attached to my printer. Which is also a copier.

I'm all about the multitasking.

 
At 5/25/2006 12:16 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Yes, but it's the machine that's multitasking. Now, if we could only learn that skill ourselves :)

 
At 5/25/2006 12:22 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I do nothing *but* multitask. It's my default setting.

Now, put me in a room with a book and tell me to read it while doing nothing else, and that's a different story. A very ugly one.

Unless it's a book I suddenly want to read, in which case it's best to just walk away. Eventually, I'll notice that the world is still out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home