18.9.06

where's the enemy?

Someone far more creative than this half of PTSD, has designed a board game called "War on Terror". It seems fantastic and makes me rue the fact that I don't teach World Politics. Imagine how much fun I could have?

As my source of information (no laughing now) tells me, "players can collect suicide bomber cards bearing the slogan: 'Like a boomerang, but more dangerous. And he doesn’t come back.'"

Well, neither do most boomerangs but I suppose that's another point entirely.

Oh oh oh--and the game comes with not only an Axis of Evil spinner but also includes an "evil balaclava".

The makers claim: "Playing it will bring out the nastiest, greediest, darkest, most paranoid aspects of your character."

And, I thought the dissertating process was supposed to do that.

3 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 11:15 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hee. Can we get this game? I'd start up a happy hour again, if we could sit around and play it. We could cackle and throw things at the frightened interns.

 
At 9/19/2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Priya said...

I was strongly tempted to put in an order...apparently they are still accepting orders for the first batch.

I wonder if we could get our dept to pay for it? Imagine if we had a WoT competition instead of the (drearily dull) fantasy baseball thing they've got going.

 
At 9/19/2006 11:33 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Fantasy football, now. Maybe someone can order it for a class, and write it off as an instructional expense?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home