15.12.06

Friday Random Thirteen: the "You Gotta Be Best at Something" edition

“Chocolate” Snow Patrol (best song about bondage and candy)
“Somebody Stole My Gal” Benny Goodman (best song for last-minute editing of papers in the middle of the night)
“I Can I Will I Do” Barenaked Ladies (best song with a really crappy chorus)
“Bright Lights” Matchbox Twenty (best song about dumping a whiny emo singer for NYC)
“Honeybee” Tom Petty (best song made up almost entirely of stupid clichés and hackneyed phrases)
“The Gate” Sam Roberts (best song that recovers from a really long intro and a slightly disgusting metaphor in the first verse)
“Interiors” Manic Street Preachers (best song about a dutch painter)
“Then She Appeared” XTC (best song that I once thought was about veggies and beer)
“Fashion Zombies!” Aquabats (best song about zombies. Duh.)
“Put Your Hand in Mine” Mighty Blue Kings (best song for dancing after dinner)
“Sweet Emotion” Aerosmith (best song that’s really dumb but catchy)
“Konstantine” Something Corporate (best song about someone who isn’t ever coming back, and who maybe was never there in the first place)
“(Past-Due)” The Weakerthans (best song about being the one left at the end)
“The Boy with the Bubblegun” Tom McRae (best song about a comic book hero that makes me want to cry)

Sorry, kids, no statistics this week, because iTunes sucks.*

* Do I appreciate reorganizing my entire library because iTunes doesn’t like the old one? No, I do not. Am I happy that all of my playlists vanished? No, I am not. Did this happen days ago, and I’m still bitching about it? Yes, and yes. Deal.

2 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened? my itunes is still in tact minus the how many times each song was played

 
At 12/19/2006 2:03 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Corrupted file; the library wouldn't open, so I lost all my meta data but luckily not the song files.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home