15.1.07

and so I wished I'd stayed in bed

Today at TUWSNBN:

I realised I'm more invisible than I thought and people think my usual gear (today's version: New Zealand T-shirt and jeans) is somehow dodgy.

On the agenda:

Dye hair orange;
Buy colourful clothes;
Try not to look like a clown;
Difficult but doable? Don't know.

ETA: Printed out 30 copies of my (new and reworked) syllabus, which has a quote from the great DA to start things off. A bit worried that I may never get a (real) job if people-who-might-hire-me see that. Consider whether I should (make/find) an obscure Nepali person to say something very similar instead, thus lending legitimacy to the quote.

2 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its not dodgy, its just not a full on condi-suit.

i don't know about you with orange hair, though.
would certainly make for an interesting ethnographic moment with the class.

 
At 1/17/2007 11:43 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Might try the "condi-suit" option on Friday. Or, maybe, next week.

I'll leave the orange hair until after I get back from ISA, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home