13.4.07

well, if this is "anti-corruption"

In terms of discourse analysis, this is just highly amusing*

In Mr. Wolfowitz's defence, I'm sure if I had a partner whom I really loved and I controlled lots of money, I'd give him a good raise too. After all, it would raise our (joint) standard of living--it's the most rational choice to make.




* Well, maybe only to those of us who grew up in countries where people depend on aid from the World Bank. Also, during my stint as a paid worker, I had to suffer through seemingly unending and countless presentations about how governments, officials and people of "developing countries" have to be constantly educated about the dangers of corruption. Perhaps, Mr. W should have gone to a few of those himself?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home