31.10.05

Another citizenship test

Yes, the Brits have started one recently. And, of course, my favourite web site has its own version (What IS this Life in the UK thing? It seems quite useful!).

FYI, I actually got only two questions wrong in this one. I don't know if it's because the style of the test (and the questions) are rather different compared to the US one (less historical/specifically "British" stuff). The answers seemed more "commonsensical" as well. I'm thinking of Questions 1, 6, 7, 11, 14 for example. It does ask about the MC but not who wrote the blasted thing. Thankfully. Also, maybe I just guessed better in this one :-)

9 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, I should be British and have a seat on the district council. That would be hilarious indeed.

 
At 10/31/2005 2:38 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Reaching new depths of technological incompetency, I actually accidentally deleted my own comment. I just wanted to write that apparently I'd be in the British parliament. At this rate, readers of this blog should (normative statement) maybe (but quite uncertain) take over Britain :-)

 
At 10/31/2005 5:58 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

What do I get if I answered 13 right? Honorary geekhood? Continuing status as the champion of the useless trivia fact? A free pint?

If I'd only gotten the dog question, I could have been queen...ah well.

 
At 10/31/2005 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even think that I knew anything about Britain.

 
At 10/31/2005 10:53 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I agree with Priya--a lot of the questions seemed like common sense. Not the sort of stuff you'd need to memorize.

 
At 11/01/2005 10:47 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Nah, E, you and I are both Parliamentarians (now, there's an image to scare the masses) and Serena's on the local council (so she gets to try bribe us)
I like this system :-)

 
At 11/01/2005 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, bribery and extortion...that's my game. Watch out for my spies that seek dirt on you.

 
At 11/01/2005 11:40 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ooh, bribery! Can I have some?

 
At 11/02/2005 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's enough bribery to go around! LOL TRUST ME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home