19.11.05

Who schedules these things, anyway?

In twelve hours, OSU will once again meet the evil UM on the gridiron.

I will be in a panel, trying to use the wireless access to check the score.

It seems to me that this entire thing could have been scheduled for a different weekend, even if Penn State is going to win and so the result doesn't really matter.

Because the only time that we manage to beat UM is when we can't win the title anyway.

*sigh*

The things I do in pursuit of a vocation.

I suggest that everyone go harass Peter, since he gets to leave early and go home to watch the game. I hate to suffer alone.

2 Comments:

At 11/19/2005 10:34 PM, Blogger peter said...

OH!

And what a game it was! Down in the 4th quarter due to some poor fumbles, Tressle-ball takes over as the Buckeyes get the ball on the 12 yard line with about 4 minutes left to play. Troy Smith then takes them on a determined drive down deep into Michigan territory (easily violating their sovereignty?). On the key play, Smith avoids and sack and hits Anthony Gonzoles at like the 5, and two plays later Pittman runs it in for the winning TD with 24 seconds left. They go for 2 and miss-- who could have predicted that!!! NO ONE.

and that says a heck of a lot about IR Theory.

 
At 11/21/2005 11:01 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure that the audience of one really makes up for my missing this game.

But the great comments we got from the discussant just might. Maybe.

Either way, next year I'm going to make sure I don't have anywhere else to be the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It's too stressful to present a paper while trying to keep an eye on the score updates on my laptop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home