25.4.06

A bit like being in the TARDIS

That's what it feels like, really. To explicate, I spent about a week last year applying for a Workshop thingy on how to teach the subject I am researching on. I was in the Outback of Denmark (known as OOD to loyal readers) at that time and I had loads of time to spend working on the application (I was being paid to study after all--a life that I didn't appreciate as much as I should have). I ended up getting rejected.

This year, I came across the advert again and completed the application in less time than I normally spend watching a football match. To my utter incredulity, I just received a letter saying I was accepted. I have until Friday to let them know. I'm accepting since it's all paid for and, as a totally skint postgraduate student, I can't afford to scoff at free board and lodgings for ten days. Of course, there's the actual workshop too but that should be fun (or, at least amusing to PTSD readers).

This just goes to show why I have a tough time believing people who talk about "hard work" and "plans for the future" working out. Yes, those things are important but, in the end, it's also a lot to do with whoknowswhat. I put in a lot of work last year and not so much this year and look which one worked out. It's all rather mystifying (and quite annoying as well).

So, there yous go--brace yourselves for Workshop blogging this Summer!

7 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

workshop on terrorists?

 
At 4/26/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Not on how to be one but how to teach about THEM :-)

 
At 4/26/2006 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

o lol; i have a quizzy on my site about what "lost" character you are if you are interested...

and you'll get to see a photo of the bachelorette party we went to over the last weekend...LOL

 
At 4/26/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Bachelorette party looks nuts! "We" call it "hens' night" (even weirder I guess)

I'm apparently Hurley--I think the body shape might match but not sure about the long hair and the good nature (neither of which I have)

 
At 4/27/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congrats on the workshop! I'll be thinking of you when trying to teach high schoolers about the importance of International Law.

 
At 4/27/2006 11:00 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Yes, I"ll be back to spell you when it's my turn as our fellow flunkie is actually leaving town! (yes, more on that in RL)

 
At 4/27/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was great fun that party! LOL

have fun with the workshop...hmm i see the good nature but not the body shape at all...you too skinny for that! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home