28.4.06

Oh, those crazy Whovians!

Seriously, Whovians? This is really what they call themselves? I find that disturbing on so many levels. On the other hand, this made me laugh for a very long time. And created a strange desire to visit a Scottish comic book shop, although that could just be a reaction to being stuck in my apartment for days.

Yes, my ability to surf the internet should be taken as evidence that I am well enough to go do something useful. If I owe you something non-fannish, expect to see it sometime today.

5 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Another one of those: OMG! I've seen that place moments--let two socially-maladroit girls loose in Edinburgh and they end up finding crypts where ghosts supposedly live, dodgy bookstores and climbing strange rocky outgrowths (oh, and taking pictures with David Hume).

I should really send this to LilSis2.

Seriously, E, you didn't know about the "Whovians"? You're one now though :-)

 
At 4/28/2006 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhoh...the whovians are taking over the planet!

Ah well since all have ditched me I am dragging my husband to said poetry slam in bethesda this evening at the washington photography center...ok shameless plug!

have fun this weekend...protesting...or wallowing in whovianess.

 
At 4/28/2006 7:43 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I just didn't really understand that they called *themselves* Whovians. Thought it was like calling people Trekkies--something you only did when they weren't in the room.

 
At 4/28/2006 8:26 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Ah. Well, "they" (you :-)) do call themselves Whovians--it has a nice ring to it.

I thought Trekkies called themselves Trekkies too (though, to me, that always sounded as though they were off to hike the Himalayas).

 
At 4/28/2006 9:55 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nope--Trekkers, I think. Trekkies isn't at all complimentary. Or at least it wasn't. Or so I've heard. I wouldn't actually know, because I've never owned a stuffed Tribble. Nope, not me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home