2.10.06

Song for whoever

Not much posting over the weekend and I'm just about to head off to class (Quant. Analysis today. What fun) so here's a quote to keep you company.

I get this phone call in the middle of the night (puts on a deep voice) and it says [something along these lines since I was enjoying myself too much to write it all down--P]: "Boy, I've decided I'm having a mid-life crisis. I'm only in my 40s but I think I'll have one now. I don't have enough money to buy a Porche so I'll just go off and start worshipping some serpent-headed god and maybe even wear robes. I thought I'd let you know.

-- Alan Mooore to Neil Gaiman, as recited by Mr. Gaiman


Yes, I'm still on a "I had my book signed by Neil Gaiman" high. I might get back to regular life some time soon but I wouldn't bet on it.

8 Comments:

At 10/02/2006 2:46 PM, Blogger Bionic-Woman said...

Can I have a "dissertating my life away" crisis? Can we all have one?

 
At 10/04/2006 12:27 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, please.

 
At 10/04/2006 1:10 AM, Blogger Priya said...

Can I be the one to do research on what constitutes a "dissertation crisis" in the first place? Eh?

 
At 10/04/2006 11:55 AM, Blogger Bionic-Woman said...

A list might be fun although can't we just have the crisis instead of doing research to see if we can have one "in the first place"...logically speaking, wouldn't the experience of having one (re)construct it as such?

 
At 10/04/2006 2:29 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Are you sure you're not having one now? :)

 
At 10/04/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Ah, but B-W, you didn't read my comment thoroughly (and I'm deeply disappointed). Not why you are having a crisis but what constitutes one Re: Jutta Weldes on the Cuban Missile Crisis :-)

If, as E suggests, you are having one, how is it a crisis and not something else (just a regular run of the mill thingy)?

 
At 10/04/2006 2:55 PM, Blogger Bionic-Woman said...

Jutta rocks! Nopes I actually did read your comment closely but perhaps didn't phrase mine accurately (I'd blame the meds but won't...or I guess I just did). It was the "what" and "in the first place" of your comment that I ran with...that IMHO would require someone having a dissertation crisis...perhaps I read yours incorrectly too coz it seemed from the way it was worded that you'd try to find the "what" before anyone could have one.

This is the roundabout way of getting to the point I should have made earlier: the dissertation is stressing me out!

 
At 10/05/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey, we should post today's online convo somewhere. It had some amusing moments. And lots of snark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home