14.11.06

rubber duckie, you're the one

Lessons learned from Sunday morning:

1. Do not wear a t-shirt that reads STONED to fly home from a conference.
2. Do not wear said t-shirt along with a big black leather coat that makes you look like Silent Bob.
3. Do not wear the coat and carry a bag full of papers about pop culture, infectious disease, and bioterrorism.
4. Do not carry the papers in the same bag as a rubber duck dressed as a character from BSG.
5. Do not pull out your laptop (the one with stickers plastered all over the back of the screen suggesting that you have very little respect for authority) and place it in the tray next to the bag with the duck in it.
6. Do not, under any circumstances, laugh when the TSA lady says, "Are you high right now?"
7. Do thank the nice lady when she decides, after careful and lengthy thought, not to make you open all of your bags and sit through a full search of everything you've brought along.

4 Comments:

At 11/14/2006 8:00 AM, Blogger Beakerz said...

How the hell are you Not to laugh when the TSA lady asks if you're high?

I mean, druggy or not, That's just f'n funny

 
At 11/14/2006 10:24 AM, Blogger Priya said...

And how is it that I usually have none of those (well, maybe stickers pointing out a lack of humour on the part of authority figures but nothing else) and I still am pulled up and shunted aside and all my bags are gone through every single time I fly anywhere?

Yes, I'm bitter.

 
At 11/15/2006 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL this just sounds like a barrel of laughs!

 
At 11/21/2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

The laughing is unavoidable. That doesn't make it a good idea, though...

Priya, I've decided that your problem is that you travel alone. I get searched every time I travel by myself, but when I'm talking to someone in line / have booked tickets with someone else, they don't tend to pull me out of line as often. Had I not been talkign to Kay while we waited for screening, I'm absolutely positive they'd have pulled my bags.

Serena, it's funnier in retrospect--at the time, I was tired and hungry and really didn't feel like going through the repacking and stuff that always follows getting pulled for a search.

(When I picked up my checked bag it had a TSA screening sticker on it--not sure if that means they opened it, or just ran it through a screener, but either way I'm glad I always pack my jewelry and electronics in a carry-on.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home