21.11.06

Someone's at the door!

1. The USPS won't deliver my packages because they're Canadian. The packages, not the postal service. I want to complain, but I'm afraid they'll start throwing my stuff down the stairs. Again.

2. Twitch City is actually better than I remembered. My love for this show, which is completely insane and scarily brilliant, cannot be expressed. Seriously, the Job Wheel. That alone is totally worth the shipping and the effort of finding the post office and standing in line and the initial waiting--three months for the dvds to be announced and then delayed and then delayed again before they were released.

"Hey Curtis, what's up?"
"I slept with my mother."
"Oh? Great."

"It's beyond the realm of conventional cleaning. It needs a colonic intervention."

"Frooty-O's are not cat food."
"She likes them."
"She does not like them. The bowl is full, and even if she did, even if she loved them, even if she ate them every day, she would die within a week because this crap has absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever."
"Yeah, but they taste good."
"They're not life-sustaining, Curtis. Technically, they're not even food!"

"The job wheel is our friend."

"Hey, schoolboy! Can you spell Mississauga, schoolboy? M-I-S-S-I-S-S-A-U-G-A!"

"Well, why do you sell it if it tortures the cats?"
"Hey to break it to you, man, but we're not exactly a health food store. For cats."
*character stomps out*
"Say hi to Squirtis. Freak."

And then it gets weird.

"I need help!"
"No refunds, man."
"I need a phone!"
"Outside."
"I think I killed someone!"
"Well, you just keep that outside."

"Are you trying to scare me?"
"No, actually, I'm trying to flirt with you."
"Oh."

"He came in, he was all agitated, all he wanted was three cans of catfood. You know, I tried to warn him against it, but he was...too crazy. He wouldn't listen. He wouldn't listen."

So. Much. Love.

3. Everyone else at the grocery was buying salads and tofurkey. My cart looked like a bomb went off at an LWML potluck.

4. I can't find my nanaimo bar recipe. I've looked everywhere, and I can't for the life of me figure out where it went. I know I had it, but I haven't used it in a while and it's not where I should have left it.

5. The local grocery does not carry black walnuts. Not only that, but they don't seem to know that there's a difference between black walnuts and regular walnuts. This does not bode well for the rest of my holiday preparations.

(cross-posted)

7 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 9:11 PM, Blogger honeykbee said...

You had me at "fruity-o's".

 
At 11/22/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger Priya said...

All that talk of food and I'll be hanging out with the Dog From Hell and eating bread and butter.

Fun.

 
At 11/22/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger Genealogy Spice said...

No black walnuts? That is practically inexcusable!

 
At 11/22/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger Priya said...

Indeed--I'll think about all this food (esp the green bean casserole!) while I pine away in rural VA...

 
At 11/22/2006 3:16 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Frooty-O's are the greatest thing ever. No, really. They're almost as great as Twitch City.

Priya, Priya, Priya. It's not *my* fault you didn't get your license.

GS--I know, it's awful. How am I supposed to make lebkuchen without black walnuts? I'm going to have to drive to Falls Church and hope they've got a decent baking section at the German market there.

 
At 11/23/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Priya said...

True--one would actually have to a) drive and b) take the test and c) pass it to get a licence. I've done none of these things.

Hence, am stuck here today with said dog and contemplating watching eps 4 and 5 of Torchwood OR (as should be the case) writing stuff up.

 
At 11/29/2006 12:39 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Torchwood! The correct answer is always Torchwood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home