16.11.06

24-hour party people (or, Elizabeth and I)

IM-ing between the PTSD members late night on Wednesday. Liberties have been taken with Withnail and I and with the actual chat

I: We're out of time, we're out of time! Oh, it's a nightmare!! We're out of time.

Elizabeth: There's two hours to go.

I: No, it's only 1.5 hours now. Oh my God. I don't feel good. My toes have gone weird.

Elizabeth: Do we have all the papers?

I: I can't think. My brain's dead. Even deader than it usually is and that is quite a feat. Oh and I have to write a lecture on genealogy. How do I explain a genealogy to undergrads? Bloody Foucault.

Elizabeth: Ok.

I: Please send it. Please. I owe you a $5 bottle of sherry. I just ran out of wine. What will we do? There's no time. Why don't we do this earlier?

Elizabeth: I will get back to you after I have sorted out the papers and seen if I can organise them into two panels. I'll send it to you before I send it off.

I: It's too late. I feel dreadful. Really, I do.

Elizabeth: Everybody does.

I: And you're sure nobody else answered emails? Did we even send any more? Why didn't we think of this earlier?

Elizabeth: I'm going to socially-construct you out of existence

Earlier in the day...outside the PhD Office at TUWSNBN...

Elizabeth: So, it's decided. We'll be punk rock IR chicks.

I: I don't know if I can pull that off. I like punk rock but was never an anything chick. I used to live in the basement of my high school and my brother was the chess player.

GS would make a great punk rock IR chick though.

And, a bit later. E's talking about fairly serious stuff. We are having a discussion of how being an off-centre IR chick feels like in the IR world...or something like that. I should really be writing my lecture (see above for result) but am enjoying this too much.

E: What are you laughing at?

I: This is Monty Python.

Elizabeth: What is?

I: The castle. It's the castle.

Both (at various points): "...silly English kniggets"..."your mother was a hamster and your father was [E corrected it to "smelt"] of elderberries"...

So, there you have it.

2 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Genealogy Spice said...

Thankus Maximus - although I need to get my hair cut so I can look and play the part to the hilt...maybe some color in there too? So what are we calling The Band?

 
At 11/21/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Blue. You should totally dye your hair blue. You can borrow some of my collection of fun hair colors.

Hadn't thought about a band name. I vote for Pineapple Almond Cookies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home