28.3.07

and although this is a fight i can lose

A list, because I'm a lazy blogger, *and* I'm supposed to be packing my suitcase right now.

1. I'm not sure what the methodological theory is behind this:

From the APSA Committee on the Status of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, and the Transgendered (LGBT) in the Profession:

Dear Colleague,

The American Political Science Association is studying the relationship between
sexual orientation and professional life. We urge all APSA members -- regardless
of their sexual orientation -- to complete this questionnaire, which should take
no longer than 10-12 minutes. Anonymity and confidentiality will be completely
protected.


I'm both encouraged that the issue is coming up at all, and wondering what happens with this information. Is there a plan here? Or did somebody wake up one morning and think, 'gee, queer theory is hot right now. We need a survey'?

Also, when did we get a committee for this? I've got to start going to those planning meetings.

2. Possibly the best gift I've ever gotten: a bobblehead moose and somebody willing to spend the afternoon buying stickers and printing photos of actors. Plus dinner bought so that I don't need to cook.

3. I will send out my syllabus today. I'm seriously not getting on the plane tomorrow if it hasn't gone out, because this is getting ridiculous. It's not rocket science.

4. I have nothing packed. The panic should set in any minute now.

5. It is a beautiful day in DC. I'm sitting indoors and working. Life is hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home